Volunteer registrations for the 2018 Nationals are open.
The 2018 Yamaha Australian National Band Championships ("The Nationals") brings together musicians of all skill levels from diverse backgrounds across Australia and around the world to compete in a friendly and constructive environment to be crowned Champions of Australia. Featuring brass and concert bands The Nationals is made up of three distinct events, the On-stage Championships, Marching Championships and Solo & Party Championships. The Nationals will be held over the Easter long weekend (30 March - 2 April 2018), at Xavier College and Methodist Ladies College, Kew.
With thousands of competitors from across Australia and the globe we need an awesome team of hardworking and enthusiastic volunteers to ensure the 2018 Nationals are a memorable and rewarding experience for all its participants.
Continue reading to learn more about what’s involved in volunteering at the Yamaha Australian National Band Championships — Melbourne 2018. if you have any questions about volunteering please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Llewellyn Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your registration.
Unfortunately people under the age of eighteen are unable to volunteer at this event.
There are many reasons to volunteer at the Yamaha Australian National Band Championships — Melbourne 2018, some of these include; to have fun and meet new people, to work as part of an enthusiastic team, the chance to play an important role in a large scale event, and to support the National and International banding communities.
In addition, as part of volunteering at The Nationals you will receive the following:
- Yummy snacks
- A meal provided — if volunteering for two back-to-back shifts
- One Season Pass — if you volunteer for three or more shifts
- Official Yamaha Australian National Band Championships — Melbourne 2018, Volunteer T-Shirt
- Certificate of Appreciation
- Letter of reference — on request
What you need
You don’t need much to volunteer at the National Band Championships — all you need is a positive can do attitude, a big smile, be reliable and most importantly be up for having fun and working hard in an enthusiastic team environment where delivering the best event possible is what it’s all about.
Working with Children Check
Please note a valid WCC is a requirement for all volunteers working with junior grades on Saturday 31 March. You will need to add the Victorian Bands’ League Inc as one of your organisations on your card and send a copy of your WCC to email@example.com.
With a multitude of roles available there’s something for everything at the Yamaha Australian National Band Championships — Melbourne 2018. Check out all the roles on offer below.
|Event Assistant — Pre-Event
(various dates in March, times negotiable)
(Various Roles — Saturday 31 March only)
|Tickets & Merchandise Sales||
Volunteer shifts will be rostered in the following three categories:
- Morning, 7:00am — 1:00pm
- Afternoon, 12:30pm — 6:00pm
- Evening, 5:30pm — 11:30pm
Please note that 6 hours is the maximum length of time one shift will last for. Please be prepared to stay for the full duration of time as listed above. Some shifts will be shorter than the times listed. The Draft Roster will be sent out the week of 19 March and will list the shift specific start and end times.
We know the volunteering can be demanding work so the following breaks will apply to all shifts.
- Shifts less than 4 hrs, 15 min break
- Shifts greater than 4 hrs, 30 min break
- Back-to-back shifts, one hour break between shifts
- Neat black pants
- Black socks
- Comfortable closed-toe shoes — go for comfort over style, some roles will require you to be on your feet for the duration of your shift
- You will be provided with an Official Yamaha Australian National Band Championships — Melbourne 2018, Volunteer T-Shirt
- Depending on the weather you may want to wear a t-shirt or long sleeved top to go underneath your Volunteer T-Shirt
- Sunday 18 March | Volunteer Registrations close
- Week of 19 March | Draft Volunteer Roster sent out
- Week of 26 March | Final Volunteer Roster & Volunteer Handbook sent out
The Championships | Volunteer briefings conducted onsite
- Thursday 29 March | Bump-in
- Friday 30 March | Open Brass Bands: Hymn & Test
- Saturday 31 March | Parade of Bands | Open & Junior Concert Bands | Junior Brass Bands
- Sunday 1 April | Open Brass Bands: Own Choice & Stage March
- Monday 2 April | Solo & Party Events | Bump-out
Our Commitment to You
The Victorian Bands’ League recognises the importance and value that all its volunteers bring to the Yamaha Australian National Band Championships — Melbourne 2018. In light of this the VBL has the following goals concerning the participation of volunteers and their experience at this event. These goals are as follows:
- Provide volunteers with a positive volunteering experience
- Foster a sense of team amongst volunteers
- Recognise when a volunteer has gone above and beyond the call of duty
- Treat all volunteers with respect
- Appreciate the sacrifice volunteers make to participate in this event
- Provide a safe and inclusive environment where volunteers are able to enjoy themselves
- Provide an environment that is free from sexual harassment and bullying
Terms and Conditions
All volunteers will be required to agree to the Terms and Conditions before they are able to volunteer at the Yamaha Australian National Band Championships — Melbourne 2018.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Yamaha Australian National Band Championships — Melbourne 2018, we look forward to receiving your registration.